Ovarian Cancer Treatment in India.
Ovarian cancer may be a variety of cancer that begins within the ovaries. women have two ovaries, one on either side of the uterus. The ovaries – every about the scale of an almond – produce eggs (ova) moreover because the hormones estrogen, progesterone. ovarian cancer usually goes undetected till it’s unfold within the pelvis and abdomen. ovarian cancer may be a variety of cancer that begins within the ovaries. women have two ovaries, one on either side of the uterus. The ovaries — every about the scale of an almond — produce eggs (ova) moreover because the hormones estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. ovarian cancer usually goes undetected till it’s unfold at intervals the pelvis and abdomen. At this late stage, ovarian cancer is troublesome to treat and is commonly fatal.
Symptoms of ovarian cancer don’t seem to be specific to the sickness, and that they usually mimic those of the many different more-common conditions, as well as digestive and bladder issues. once ovarian cancer symptoms area unit present, they tend to be persistent and worsen with time.
Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer
There are no specific symptoms of the ovarian cancer. They are very similar to other diseases like digestive or bladder problems. However, they worsen with time.
It is very important that an early diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer is made for complete treatment of the patient and better quality of life.
Few of the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer may include:
- Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
- Pelvic discomfort or pain
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
- Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
- Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
- Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
- Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
- A persistent lack of energy
- Low back pain
Various Stages of Ovarian Cancer?
There are four stages of ovarian cancer. Your doctor will determine your stage of ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is treated differently depending on which stage you are diagnosed with.
The cancer is completely contained within the ovary or ovaries
Stage IA- One ovary involved
Stage IB- Both ovaries involved
Stage IC- One or both ovaries involved, but with cancer on the surface of
an ovary, rupture of an ovarian cyst malignant ascites or positive abdominal washings.
The cancer is in one or both of the ovaries and has spread to additional organs located in the pelvis such as the bladder, colon, rectum or uterus.
Stage IIA – Spread to uterus or fallopian tubes
Stage IIB – Spread to pelvic peritoneum
Stage IIC – Confined to the pelvis, but with malignant ascites or positive abdominal washings
The cancer is in one or both ovaries and has spread to one or both of the following: the lining of the abdomen or the lymph nodes.
Stage IIIA – Microscopic spread to the upper abdomen
Stage IIIB – Cancer nodules less than 2 cm in the abdomen
Stage IIIC – Nodules more than 2 cm, or positive pelvic or aortic lymph nodes
The most advanced stage of cancer. The cancer has spread from one or both ovaries to additional organs such as the liver or lungs, or there may be cancer cells in the fluid surrounding the lungs.
After the physical examination the following tests are done to confirm the presence of cancerous cells in the ovaries:
- Blood test: Ovaries produce a protein called CA125 which can be measured during a blood test. Usually, women have a low level of this hormone and if the level increases it indicates that there is something wrong.
- Ultrasound: This test helps to find whether the ovaries are of the right size and texture and if there is any cyst formation in the ovaries. Also whether the cysts are cancerous or not.
- CT Scan: This test helps the doctor see the detailed picture of the ovaries and to find if the cancer has spread to the other parts of the body or not.
- Chest X-ray: This scan is used to find out if the cancer has spread to the lungs
- Laparoscopy: This test helps the doctor see the entire ovary and the areas around it and find out the stage of the cancer.
- Other tests include MRI, PET, colonoscopy etc.
MyMedOpinion.com gets you Medical Opinion from India’s top Specialists and Best Treatment Cost from World Class hospitals in India- in just 24-48 hours
MyMedOpinion.com affiliated Best hospitals in India provide an medical opinion from experienced surgeons and the treatment cost includes companion stay , surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care, patient’s food and airport pick up & drop etc. etc. We offer free, no obligation assistance to international patients to find world class medical treatment in India. We offer support and services to facilitate the care you require. We can help you find the best hospital in India
Send us a Medical Report to Get FREE Medical Opinion from India’s Top Doctors
MyMedOpinion.com is the hub of Surgeons and specialists for major diseases. We give you a chance to speak to our doctors and discuss your health issues directly.
Email Us: email@example.com Call Us: +91-9654683991